Sunday, August 8, 2010

Howdy, Folks....

     This is my attempt at a blog. Why another blog in the vast wasteland of mediocre ideas, political rants and general self-absorbed blathering?
     Because sometimes I have stuff to say and no one to say it to (at least, who would appreciate it), because sometimes I feel like I will explode if I don't get stuff off my chest, and because I read a lot of blogs every day from some very talented writers and thinkers, and presume to join their company.
     I feel in many ways that the blog is the new home of a great literary tradition: the essay. The bloggers I read may occasionally throw out a snippet of thought, or a quick rant, but often the longer posts are true essays deserving of recognition as fine writing by any standards.
     The title of this blog serves two functions - as a reflection of my rather obsessive interest in firearms, and as a descriptor of how I will probably post. Most of my thoughts come as brief statements, with occasional longer rants bubbling beneath the surface. Bullet points. Think, (breathe, front sight, press) think again, repeat as necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone is welcome here, until they prove themselves unwelcome.
Differences of opinion are encouraged, but please tell me why I'm wrong - who knows, I might learn something.
Insults, rudeness, and generally inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated.
This is my house - act accordingly. Can't live with that? It's a big internet. Go play somewhere else.