Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day


     I asked my dearly beloved if she wanted to do anything special for Valentine's Day. I always ask rather than plan, as it depends on how she feels.
     To my delight, she said she'd like to go out to dinner.
     "Where?"
     "Olive Garden."
     OK. Not haute cuisine, but perfectly good food, and more importantly, it's what she wants. Needless to say, they don't take reservations, but I decided to take advantage of my looser schedule, and have us arrive before 5:00 and beat the after-work crowd. At least those who didn't already go out this weekend.

     And that haute cuisine thing? I realized that, the way we feel about each other, we could go to Krystals and it would be a romantic dinner for two.
     So there.

     I'm looking forward to a lovely evening. Here's wishing the same to all of you.

Rick

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy yourselves!! ;-)

    Chicken Scampi at OG is my favorite. When I asked my wife what she wanted me to make her fo Valentine's tonight she said, "just bring home a pizza." She's real high maintenance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue,
    The only thing better than a woman who wants to go out for Valentine's Day is one who wants to stay in...

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is welcome here, until they prove themselves unwelcome.
Differences of opinion are encouraged, but please tell me why I'm wrong - who knows, I might learn something.
Insults, rudeness, and generally inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated.
This is my house - act accordingly. Can't live with that? It's a big internet. Go play somewhere else.